Ted Talks Freediving Great Hits
I pulled one hour of footage from 19 hours of Tuesday Ted Talks Freediving and created a greatest hits of Ted Talks Freediving.
Ted Talks Freediving was an awesome one long live Instagram show I did every Tuesday at 7;00 PM EST. I recorded 19 episodes. I recently went through and watched all 19 hours and pulled out the most interesting, impactful, and educational topics and put them in an hour long video Ted Talks Freediving greatest hits.
You will learn the following.
- How dairy effects your equalizing.
- What over counter drugs should you take and avoid with regards to equalizing.
- Barotitis Media, the one ear injury you likely get all the time and have idea what it is.
- Why does one ear equalize but not the other one?
- Why you won't feel the blackout coming in the ocean.
- Recovery breathing - what is is and why you should do it after every dive.
- What is a loss of motor control and how to help your buddy if they have one.
- What is a blackout and how to help your buddy if they have one.
- Analysis of a spearfishing blackout with World Record Holder Ashley Futral Chapman
- How to relax and get ready for your dive.
- How to tell if you are overweighted.
- What is the lying bastard and what is he telling you.
- Advice for your buddies who get sea sick but won't admit they are sea sick, we all have buddies like that.
- Analysis of ascent speed, and why speed kills.
- Effects of aging on freediving.
Listen, learn and be entertained.
I started my underwater adventures (career) in 2005, as a Scuba Instructor in the Florida Keys. During that time I became a PADI Staff Instructor, and taught for NAUI and the SSI as well. I took my very first professional freediving course with Performance Freediving International (PFI) in 2008, taught by Kirk Krack. I was absolutely blown away by the class and by freediving, I quickly became obsessed...like I do with many things!
In 2009, I became a freediving instructor for PFI and I’ve been teaching freediving full time ever since. I went to my first freediving competition in 2009, as an out of shape and overweight ex-scuba instructor, and progressed from an 80 ft. to 177 ft. dive in just 3 weeks! After that experience, I wondered what I could do if I got in shape and took training more seriously. I went on to break a USA Freediving record, have won 3 freediving competitions, was selected to be Captain of Men's USA Freediving team at the World Championships, am a PFI Instructor Trainer and my deepest freedive to date is 279 feet.
While I enjoy being a competitive freediver immensely, my true passion has always been teaching. Thus, for the past 5 years I've been focused on the instructional side of freediving by teaching my classes through my company Immersion Freediving. Deeper Blue reviewed my 4 day PFI Intermediate freediving course and said it was the most professional course in the dive industry they had seen in 33 years. See the full review here.
I've worked with Tim Kennedy (US Army Ranger, UFC fighter and star of History Channel show Hunting Hitler), Ben Greenfield (fitness guru and podcaster), and several elite military instructors. I’ve appeared on The Spear, Noob Spearo, Ben Greenfield’s podcast; have written an article for every issue of Spearing Magazine since 2013, as well as am the official freediving course of Spearing Magazine. I’ve appeared in the books Deep Freediving, Renegade Science, What the Ocean Tells Us About Ourselves and One Breath. I have also been a featured speaker at the Blue Wild Expo, the largest freediving and spearfishing expo in the US 5 years running.